Home Forums TV Series Discussion Specific Episode Discussion beer bottle glass trick

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dawn Gibson 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dawn Gibson
    Participant
    • City:

Really enjoy the show….very interesting trick for turning old bottles into wine glasses. I don’t think I seen it done it that way before. Probably a lot safer that the way I was thinking of trying….

You take a string soaked in gasoline, wrap it around the bottle where you want to cut it….light the string….dunk it in cold ice water like you done….glass snaps off. Seen it done on youtube but you can’t always beleive what you see right? 😉

Andrew
    • City:

I haven’t tried that one yet but have seen the videos. I was surprised at how easily and cleanly the bottles broke using our home made cutter and hot water, although truth be told we had about a 50% success rate. I think the key is to be patient. Get one clean score line (not multiple passes) and then go slowly with the hot water.

If you try the burning line method let me know how it goes- we always need more bar stemware!

Andrew

Dawn Gibson
    Participant
    • City:

Thanks Andrew!! Will do!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.