Whether you’re at an all inclusive in Mexico, Punta Cana or Las Vegas, there’s nothing quite like swimming up to a bar to grab a drink! In Season 2, Episode 2 (“The Ultimate Swim Up Bar”), Andrew and Kevin set out to build their own floating tavern complete with underwater seating, a floating pool table, and a gleaming bar top made entirely out of nickels… giving us the name “The Barnickel”.
Inspired by trips that Kevin and his wife Christine made to all-inclusive resorts ‘down south’, “The Ultimate Swim Up Bar” prompted us to do a bit of our own traveling by proxy. What we came up with is something we’re calling the Brojects Guide to the Top Swim Up Bars on the Planet.
5. Banyan Tree Mayakoba: This beachfront boutique resort in Playa del Carmen is a blend of nature and luxury on Mexico’s famous Mayan Riviera coast. With a private beach, golf course and this world class swim up bar, it’s got everything you need (except maybe, the Brojects-built Ultimate Outdoor Theatre) to enjoy while you lounge around in the pool.
4. Hotel Monte Mulini-Rovinj, Croatia
Situated right on the Mediterranean, this 5-star Maistra boutique hotel offers a swimming pool complex over 400 square meters in size. You can grab a drink and swim into any number of hydro-massage, heated or cold water pools.
3. Warwick Fiji Resort & Spa, Viti Levu, Fiji: Enjoy the South Pacific and all that it has to offer, especially at the Warwick Fiji Resort and Spa. Like grabbing a drink from the swim up bar then grabbing a bite in the the water restaurant. BTW: We are NOT sharing this one with Andrew as the next thing you know, the Buckles family dining room table could be parked next to the “Ultimate Swim Up Bar”!
2. Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai: “The Horizon” at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort offers five pool bars to choose from with casual snacks, leisurely cocktails and the best sundowns in town.
1. The Regent Palms. Turk and Caicos: Steps away from the flawless white sands and sparkling sapphire waters of Grace Bay, The Regent Palms, Turks and Caicos Islands boasts quite possibly the best swim up bar on the planet. The plunge pool is framed by a lavishly designed serpentine infinity pool and has an innovative in-water seating Plunge Bar and restaurant… We can only assume that the in-water seating is much better than our Kevin-designed log and concrete bar stool.